Tuesday, August 19, 2008
New Olympic Sport
I’m beginning early with the training of my boys. I believe in following their interests, and thus support starting a new sport: The Couch Jump*. These pictures document the new Swedish-American team (although their uniforms admittedly look Jamaican.)
In case you want to start a new league in your neck of the woods, the rules are:
1) No jumping when your fellow athlete is lying on the couch.
2) Performance-enhancing props such as pacifier and blankie are permitted for athletes under the age of three.
3) Spotting from the coach is permitted so the athletes don’t fall off the arm of the couch pre-jump.
4) Jumping on top of your fellow athlete is terms for disqualification.
5) Winners are awarded one marshmallow as their medal.
* Please play at your own risk. Many head bonks were barely avoided on this first night of the sport.
What future sport do you propose?
Posted by Kristy Lund at 10:49 PM