Sunday, May 1, 2011

Swedish Spring has Sprung

I was beginning to wonder if the leaves would ever appear - I'd never gone so long without greenery. But the last three weeks we've had beautiful sun-filled days here, California weather I call it, though it's really a Swedish spring.

And just like that, there were leaves. And blossoms. And birds. People are smiling, coming out of hibernation, and queuing for ice cream. Or maybe that's just us.

Three weeks ago, our backyard looked like this:


And today:


Beautiful Vitsippa flowers carpet the forest near my in-laws' home, only to disappear after a week:


And here are some pictures from my neighbors' yards:




Happy Spring everyone!

1 comment:

marilee said...

Yey for spring!!!! As a native Californian I can now understand the deeper joy for spring. I'd be in line for ice cream too! marilee